The Nigerian Union of Local Government Employees (NULGE) says the Kwara State House of Assembly has been People’s Assembly whose focus is to enhance the wellbeing of the people of the State, through Parliamentary democracy.
NULGE made this observation in Ilorin, during a Thank You Visit to the Speaker of the Kwara State House of Assembly, Dr. Ali Ahmad in his office.
Leading the hierarchy of the Union in the State on the visit, the President of NULGE in the State, Comrade Saliu Yusuf Ayinla, said the union has been following the activities of the 8th Legislature, under the leadership of the Speaker, since its inception two years ago, noting that the Parliament has been People focused.
Comrade Ayinla represented by his Deputy, Comrade Oloruntade Ibikunle, who described legislature as peoples’ conscience, said Parliament in the State, had lived up the people’s expectations, by performing its functions in accordance with the 1999 Constitution, inspite of the fact that all the legislators he said,belong to the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).
He said the union was particularly delighted in view of the roles played by the House, in ensuring that Local Government Workers recently had a fair share of the London /Paris Club Refund and the Speaker’s pivotal underground roles on Local Government Councils’ autonomy in the ongoing 1999 Constitutional Amendment.
Responding, the Speaker, who said the legislature was humbled by the kind words of NULGE, restated the commitment of the House, towards, ensuring that the Parliament was more responsive to the yearnings and aspirations people of the State.
Dr. Ahmad represented by the House Leader, Hon. Hassan Oyeleke, said parliamentary democracy globally,is about the people and for the people, assured the House would be committed towards finding enduring solutions to payment of local government workers and teachers’ salaries, to further enhance the well-being of the people of the State.
The Speaker, then solicited the support of the people of the State, in ensuring that the present administration, salvaged the nation from her present predicament.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal