The Nigerian Union of Local Government Employees (NULGE) says the Kwara State House of Assembly has been People’s Assembly whose focus is to enhance the wellbeing of the people of the State, through Parliamentary democracy.
NULGE made this observation in Ilorin, during a Thank You Visit to the Speaker of the Kwara State House of Assembly, Dr. Ali Ahmad in his office.
Leading the hierarchy of the Union in the State on the visit, the President of NULGE in the State, Comrade Saliu Yusuf Ayinla, said the union has been following the activities of the 8th Legislature, under the leadership of the Speaker, since its inception two years ago, noting that the Parliament has been People focused.
Comrade Ayinla represented by his Deputy, Comrade Oloruntade Ibikunle, who described legislature as peoples’ conscience, said Parliament in the State, had lived up the people’s expectations, by performing its functions in accordance with the 1999 Constitution, inspite of the fact that all the legislators he said,belong to the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).
He said the union was particularly delighted in view of the roles played by the House, in ensuring that Local Government Workers recently had a fair share of the London /Paris Club Refund and the Speaker’s pivotal underground roles on Local Government Councils’ autonomy in the ongoing 1999 Constitutional Amendment.
Responding, the Speaker, who said the legislature was humbled by the kind words of NULGE, restated the commitment of the House, towards, ensuring that the Parliament was more responsive to the yearnings and aspirations people of the State.
Dr. Ahmad represented by the House Leader, Hon. Hassan Oyeleke, said parliamentary democracy globally,is about the people and for the people, assured the House would be committed towards finding enduring solutions to payment of local government workers and teachers’ salaries, to further enhance the well-being of the people of the State.
The Speaker, then solicited the support of the people of the State, in ensuring that the present administration, salvaged the nation from her present predicament.
- Opinion: Peter Obi and the Obidient’s futile effort faking Sultan’s endorsement
- New Naira Notes: Police begins patrol of banks in Kwara
- Naira redesign: Customers urge CBN to sanction banks not paying N20,000 over the counter
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN laments inability to source products
- Gov. Akeredolu swears in new chief judge, 4 high court judges
- Two suspects arrested for possessing, selling counterfeit N1000 notes
- Nigerian Actress enters trouble for spraying, stepping on new naira notes
- TINUBU’S CAMPAIGN SHUTS DOWN EKITI, SAYS NOTHING CAN STOP APC’S VICTORY
- 2023: Muslim Media Watch Urges Security Agencies To Fine-Tune Strategies
- IGP orders arrest, prosecution of sellers of new naira note