The Nigerian Youth Parliament (NYP), has appealed to leaders of political parties in power at the federal and State government levels, to make governance youth friendly .
National Coordinator of NYP, Ahidjo Abdullahi , made the call in Abuja Friday at a press conference held at the Senate wing of the National Assembly.
At the press conference held ahead of National Youth in Governance Summit slated for next month in Abuja , said the essence of the summit , was to get the Youth well prepared for the future.
” The planned summit will be one without political or partisan colouration .
” It will be one that will further unite Nigerian Youth for paradigm shift in leadership and national development”, he said .
In his own remarks at the briefing , the Youth Clerk , Hassan Ibrahim Mohammed, said message received from the Clerk to the National Assembly , Architect Ojo Amos Olatunde for the planned summit , is peace and unity which according to him, have been watch word of the parliament over the years .
” For us in the Nigerian Youth Parliament , peace and unity among Nigerians generally , have been our watch words and will remain so , because we believe in the Nigerian project despite myriad of challenges facing it “, he said .
The Nigerian Youth Parliament is a Legislative and Developmental Training Institution, created to have strengthen, reinforce and consolidate efforts in empowering Young People through meaningful Youth representation in driving Nigeria’s developmental agenda.
- Emir of Bauchi’s brother found dead
- PHOTO NEWS: FG empowers women in Kebbi
- Gov. Adeleke reacts to tribunal’s judgement, vows to appeal
- BREAKING….Ademola Adeleke sacked as Osun Governor
- Kebbi assembly deputy speaker, 5 other resign appointments
- Adamawa guber candidate dies
- Lawyer sues CBN, seeks extension of deadline for old naira notes
- CBN unveils domestic card to strengthen payments system
- SHOCKING… Governor loses son
- Banks in Ogun applauded over circulation of new naira notes