By Hammed Salawu, Minna
The Coordinator of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) in Niger State, Mrs. Funmilayo Ajayi, has dismissed report of withdrawing corps members for insecurity maintaining that the state is peaceful and safe for corps members .
Ajayi stated this in a press statement explaining that there has not been any reason for the management to contemplate withdrawing serving members from areas of primary duty to insecurity.
She described media report insinuating withdrawal of corps members from parts of Niger state due to insecurity as total false and figment of the imagination of the reporter with the mission of misinforming the public.
According to her, “It is obvious that we do not have issues with the security and well-being of my corps members. I made it clear in my interaction with journalists that there is no part of the state where members can’t serve and that we will however not post members to places with security challenges if such situation arises”.
“It is rather unfortunate that the concerned media has chosen to misconstrue this statement to suit it predetermined Intention to cause unnecessary panic where it does not exist.
“I want to use this medium to call on corps members, parents and the general public to disregard the report of withdrawal of serving corpers from places of primary assignment due to insecurity. I assure you all that corps members are not under any security threat in Niger state”.
She advised journalists to check their stories before rushing to the press adding that NYSC is ready to partner with them for the development of youths.
Facebook Comments Box
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide