The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) on Monday said it partnered some financial institutions in the country to provide soft loans for corps members to start business.
The Director-General of the corps, Brig. Gen. Suleiman Kazaure, told newsmen when he visited the 2017 NYSC Batch B Stream I Corps members at Wamakko Orientation Camp in Sokoto that the loan would help the young corps members.
Kazaure said “we introduced skills acquisition programmes to improve the capacity
of corps members and to key into Federal Government’s programmes of diversifying the country’s economy.
“We thought that our corps members need soft loans to enable them to start a business and earn a living during and after their service year.
“NYSC, therefore, entered into partnership with some financial institutions like Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Heritage Bank and Bank of Industry to secure loans for corps members at single digit interest rate.”
The NYSC boss said the loans were for corps members to start small scale enterprises from the grassroots and practically expand the knowledge gained during their skills acquisition programme in the service year.
Kazaure added that NYSC would establish a skills acquisition centre in each of the six geopolitical zones in the country, with the aim of ensuring that corps members got the skills they required.
He commended the Sokoto State Government for providing peaceful atmosphere for members serving in the state and urged them to reciprocate the gesture.
The NYSC Coordinator in Sokoto State, Alhaji Musa Abubakar, thanked Kazaure
for the visit to the camp and commended the corps members for maintaining discipline.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide