The State Coordinator National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) in Kwara, Mrs Ikupolati Esther Tosin Ikupolati has said a total of 7, 759 Corps members would serve as ad-hoc staff during the General Elections in Kwara.
The State Coordinator made this known on Friday in Ilorin after the state wide tours of all various corps locations.
A release by NYSC Head of Public Relations, Dipo Morakinyo quoted Ikupolati as saying that the Scheme was set and prepared for the 2019 General Elections.
“It is no longer news, that the members of the National Youth Service Corps, by virtue of the existing MOU with the INEC, will constitute the bulk of ad hoc staff who will be conducting the elections,” the Coordinator said.
She allayed the fear of insecurity of Corps members while addressing them at their various local government areas across the state.
According to her, all the security agencies in the State- the Police, the Military, the State security service and the NSCDC, have assured the NYSC scheme of safety and security of its corps members, before, during and after the elections.
“Even the representative of the various political parties in Kwara State assures the NYSC that they will ensure the security of corps members on election duties, the release quoted Ikupolati as assuring Corps members.
The State Coordinator therefore charged Corps members to be worthy ambassadors of the NYSC scheme by not involving in any act that can compromise the integrity of the election process.
According to her, NYSC is apolitical and all corps members must not be partisans in all their activities.
She warned the Corps members not to allow the unscrupulous politicians to lure them into election fraud.
The State Coordinator also appealed to the people of Kwara state to see the corps members on election duties as unbiased umpires, that will not, in any way perpetrate electoral fraud to favour any political party.
She assured the Corps members that they would not be deployed to some noted flash points in the state, where their security cannot be guaranteed.
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules
- Osun: Adeleke’s emergence as Gov divine– Traditional worshippers
- Aisha Buhari now wears dress meant for 3 people– Solomon Dalung
- A’Ibom YPP Guber Candidate Jailed For 42Yrs
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG
- Angry youths set ablaze Iree Oba’s Palace in Osun
- Oyetola left N76bn debt, says Osun Govt