Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has been condemned for his recent uttreances.
The presidency on Wednesday described his actions as “a sign of confusion not worthy of attention.”
Speaking to journalists in Abuja, presidential spokesperson, Garba Shehu, said that whoever “Obasanjo chooses to support at the 2019 elections is irrelevant.’’
He noted that the former president had publicly changed his mind on the matter so many times over the past few months.
He said: “Former President Obasanjo denounces one person today and supports that same person the next day.
“When it pleases him, he brings God into the matter and uses that as his excuse for whatever position he has chosen.’’
Shehu added that he was not surprised that newspapers reported Obasanjo expressing neutrality at a weekend forum, only for the former president to express “a completely different stance after a day or two.”
“We have learnt not to take his utterances seriously anymore. We know that the slightest wind can make him change his mind again.
“After all, this is the same man who publicly tore his party registration card barely four years ago, and he now claims to be backing the same party,’’ Shehu added.
- Kwara Gov directs distribution of 20,000 50kg bags of maize*
- Meet Prince Fahad Okechukwu Emetumah, a Lawyer turned Musician
- Only security can guarantee peace, economic growth –Minister
- UNSCR 2250: FG, groups seek support for lasting peace among youths
- FG, Foreign Football Agents, Others Partner Obasa Cup
- Senators donate N1m each to victims of Kaduna drone misfire
- Kashim Shettima delivers Al-Hikmah convocation lecture
- (PHOTOS) IGP Egbetokun, Amb. Sulu-Gambari, others bag Al-Hikmah Ph.D
- AMR’ll account for 10 million annual deaths by 2050- WHO
- ANHEJ advocates for increased budgetary allocation to health sector