Obaseki said that the mindless act had tilted the scale in the nation’s war against terror.
The governor said, “I condemn in the strongest terms the attack on innocent people in St. Francis Catholic Church in Owo, Ondo State, which led to the gruesome killing of many, including women and children.
“This mindless act committed in a church where many gathered to seek spiritual solace and worship God, has tilted the scale in our nation’s war against terror.
“I commiserate with families that lost loved ones in this act of shame which has never before been heard of in the history of Owo, a quiet and peaceful town with inextricable ties with the people of Edo State.
“Let me assure you all that in this dark and desperate time in our history as one people separated by a very intangible geographical boundary, you are not alone.
“You can count on our prayers, support and cooperation as we all wade through this tough time together, as we take steps to ensure that the perpetrators of this dastardly act are apprehended.
“And that this cowardly act of terror is never perpetrated in our land ever again.
“Please accept my most heartfelt condolences,” he said
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- EMIR OF ILORIN COMMISERATES WITH OKE-ODE COMMUNITY, KWARA NUJ
- Emir Sulu-Gambari set to install Balogun Gambari as most senior counsellor in Ilorin Emirate
- Divorce: JJC Skillz divorces Nollywood Star, Funke Akindele
- Gov Zulum directs promotion of deserving civil servants
- Kano APC Senator, Shekarau finally defects to NNPP
- Senate Confirms Buhari 7 Ministerial Norminees
- Fraud: Senate summons NIA boss over N/Delta activists’ blacklist by DSS
- Organ harvesting: Senate delegation to visit Ekweremadu, wife in London
- Ado-Ekiti Yahoo-Boy Jailed Two Years for Scam, Loses N13m Car to FG
- Money-politics affecting Nigeria’s political processes— Ex-Minister