The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Edo on Friday formally received the Edo Governor, Godwin Obaseki into its fold.
The official defection of Obaseki to the PDP and the formal acceptance of the leadership of the party in the state led by Dr Tony Aziegbemi in Benin had put to end the widespread speculation of the governor’s defection.
Obaseki, who arrived at the PDP Secretariat at exactly 2:15pm in company of his supporters, expressed his joy over the reception by the PDP.
He said that with the energy he witnessed in the party on arrival, what Edo people had witnessed in terms of human and capital development would be a child’s play compared to what is to come.
“The tsunami in development and democratic practice both in party and governance in Edo in particular and Nigeria in general would be as never been witnessed since 1999.”
He commended the leadership of the PDP in the state for its leadership principle which had attracted him to join the party today.
In his response, Aziegbemi gave him assurance that members of the party would accord him good quality and harmonious working relationship.
He also gave him assurance that as the party chairman in the state, he would provide the governor every support and encouragement needed by him to succeed as the new leader of the party.
He also pledged to mobilise others to rally round the governor in his new task of repositioning the state for the better good of all.
He also called on the ward chairman of the party in Oredo to present party membership card to the governor.
- Atiku speaks on forming alliance with Kwankwaso, Peter Obi
- Naira redesign: Emefiele urges NASS, Nigerians to show understanding
- Fuel scarcity may affect election logistics — INEC
- SAD…. PDP campaign rally turns mourning in Sokoto as Tambuwal’s aide, Aisha Maina dies
- Nigeria attains 100% broadband penetration— Buhari
- UPDATED: Jigawa Govt annouces funeral as Emir of Dutse dies at 78
- Buhari inaugurates 5,700-hectare Irrigation Scheme, pledges more relief for flood victims
- 2023 polls will be the best, Senate President assures EU observers, Kenya’s Raila Odinga
- Ondo PoS operators increase charges over scarce new Naira notes
- Nigeria’s public debt stock increases to N44.06trn in Q3 2022 – NBS