The All progressives Congress (APC) says the decision by Governor Godwin Obaseki to defect to the opposition People’s Democratic Party (PDP) did not come to it as a surprising development.
Spokesperson of the APC, Malam Lanre Issa-Onilu gave the reaction while speaking with journalists in Abuja.
“It has not come to us as a surprise. We knew he had defected long ago because he resigned his membership of the party which we have accepted,” Issa-Onilu said.
“So you can’t defect twice. So if he is defecting again, we don’t know whether what he has just done now is news any longer.”
- Emefiele reveals what will happen to old naira notes after Feb. 10 deadline
- Peace Corps sets for Buhari’s assent to Bill, begins members’ training
- NURTW warns members against rejecting old naira notes
- JAMB opens up on extending registration
- JAMB suspends CBT centre in Kwara for violating rules
- COVID-19 remains International health threat, WHO warns
- 59 confirmed dead and 157 injured in Pakistan mosque bomb blast
- Redesigned notes: Lagos residents groan as scarcity hits hard
- West Ham set up Man United tie by beating Derby
- No room for deadline extension, JAMB Registrar, Oloyede warns prospective applicants