The inauguration of Gov. Godwin Obaseki of Edo will hold on Thursday in strict compliance with COVID-19 protocols.
Dr Tony Aziegbemi, the State Chairman of the Peoples’ Democratic Party (PDP), said this in Benin on Tuesday.
Obaseki won the Sept. 19 Governorship Election for his second term by defeating his closest opponent, Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu of the All Progressives Congress (APC).
Aziegbemi that the party was constrained by the COVID-19 pandemic as well as the mood of the state and the nation occasioned by the recent #EndSARS protests.
The chairman said that the ceremony would be a short and closed one which would be transmitted live and beamed on virtual platforms.
“There will also be simultaneous inauguration reception parties for party members and faithful in all local government areas headquarters hosted by the chairmen.
“Consequently, there is no need to travel from your domain to the swearing-in ceremony when you can watch it live and party with your fellow constituents,” he said.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal
- Multichoice, stakeholders reject pay-per-view for TV
- Money to fix Nigeria stolen on daily basis – ICPC