Uneasy calm gripped the air yesterday when three gunmen who pretended to be staff of a telecommunications firm axed an octogenarian to death in Okha Community in Ovia South-West Local Government Area of Edo State.
It was gathered that the victim, Pa Osarobo Ajayi, the second in command in Okha village was killed few hours after his killers visited his residence and introduced themselves as staff of a telecommunications company searching for where to erect a mast in the community.
They were said to have taken photograph of Pa Ajayi on the ground claiming that his compound had been spotted as the best location for the mast as the telecom firm was ready to resettle him and his family.
It was further learnt that after the impostors left the compound, they returned at night killing him with battle axe even though they were having guns.
The victim’s wife, Eunice said one of the attackers was with her in her room but her hands and legs were tied while two others continued the attack on her husband with battle axe.
“I begged them that I will die but they tied my hands and legs. One of them with gun stayed with me. The others were with my husband,” she narrated.
It was gathered that the remains of the deceased was taken to mortuary by some policemen.
Neither the Commissioner of Police in Edo State, Mr Haliru Gwandu nor the acting Public Relations Officer for Edo State Police Command SP Stephen Onwochei could be reached for comment at press time yesterday.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- 2023: Be careful of politicians’ craftiness– Don warns journalists
- Kogi Assembly seals Dangote Cement factory
- Kwara NUJ holds Ilorin NBA in friendly match to mark 2022 Press week
- Google announces first Cloud Region in Africa
- Kaduna CP warns against extra judicial killings
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL