Odion Ighalo is set for a shock return to the Super Eagles squad ahead of next month’s 2022 World Cup qualifiers.
Super Eagles manager Gernot Rohr is set to name the Al-Shabab striker in his squad for the clash against Cape Verde and Liberia next month.
President of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), Amaju Pinnick, confirmed in a statement on Instagram that he has spoken to him recently about a possible return.
“I had a long conversation with Odion Ighalo, personally I believe we need experience in our attack to combine with our energetic youthful Osimhen, Onuachu, Kelechi et al.
“Odion’s body language is very positive. We are also in touch with his agents and club.
“The vibe going into these last two games and indeed Afcon is very good,” Pinnick wrote on Instagram.
The ex-Watford striker retired from international duty after Nigeria’s third-place finish at the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations, where he finished as the top scorer with five goals.
- Emir Sulu-Gambari condoles with Etsu Tsaragi over Yahaya’s death
- Breaking….Former Reps member, Yahaya ‘Bulldozer’ is dead
- Court convicts self-acclaimed monarch, ‘Oba Dosunmu’ to 6months jailterm
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Ghali Alaaya over NNPCL’s appointment
- Reps Probe EFCC Over Failed Attempts To Rearrest Emefiele From Prison
- NYSC swears in 2,150 corps members in Kwara
- Ex-Rep member, Alajagusi is dead, Kwara Gov. mourns
- Press Week: All men and women must read this story
- Emir Sulu-Gambari mourns over demise of Sheikh Sha’aban and Baba Buhari
- Kwara Governor Mourns Late Scholar, Muyideen Sha’aban