The popular Ojude Oba festival has gained support from First City Monument Bank (FCMB) Limited in a bid to sustain the country’s cultural heritage and boost tourism and its associated benefits.
The authority of the bank noted that this will go a long way to educate and inspire future generations about the history of Nigeria, the people and values, while also fast-tracking the ongoing efforts of the government to diversify the economy.
FCMB stated this at a press conference in Ijebu-Ode to flag-off activities to celebrate the festival, scheduled to hold on August 24, 2018.
In a goodwill message to the Awujale of Ijebuland, Oba (Dr.) Sikiru Adetona, on the occasion of this year’s festival, the Chief Executive of FCMB Group Plc, Mr. Ladi Balogun, said: “For all true sons and daughters of Ijebuland, the Ojude Oba Festival is more than an event for us.
It has become a long-standing yearly tradition we look forward to as a unifying platform and a tourist attraction. As a socially responsible corporate citizen, we recognize that respect for our heritage is important as a catalyst of cultural diversity and a guarantee of sustainable development”.
- Emir of Bauchi’s brother found dead
- PHOTO NEWS: FG empowers women in Kebbi
- Gov. Adeleke reacts to tribunal’s judgement, vows to appeal
- BREAKING….Ademola Adeleke sacked as Osun Governor
- Kebbi assembly deputy speaker, 5 other resign appointments
- Adamawa guber candidate dies
- Lawyer sues CBN, seeks extension of deadline for old naira notes
- CBN unveils domestic card to strengthen payments system
- SHOCKING… Governor loses son
- Banks in Ogun applauded over circulation of new naira notes