The popular Ojude Oba festival has gained support from First City Monument Bank (FCMB) Limited in a bid to sustain the country’s cultural heritage and boost tourism and its associated benefits.
The authority of the bank noted that this will go a long way to educate and inspire future generations about the history of Nigeria, the people and values, while also fast-tracking the ongoing efforts of the government to diversify the economy.
FCMB stated this at a press conference in Ijebu-Ode to flag-off activities to celebrate the festival, scheduled to hold on August 24, 2018.
In a goodwill message to the Awujale of Ijebuland, Oba (Dr.) Sikiru Adetona, on the occasion of this year’s festival, the Chief Executive of FCMB Group Plc, Mr. Ladi Balogun, said: “For all true sons and daughters of Ijebuland, the Ojude Oba Festival is more than an event for us.
It has become a long-standing yearly tradition we look forward to as a unifying platform and a tourist attraction. As a socially responsible corporate citizen, we recognize that respect for our heritage is important as a catalyst of cultural diversity and a guarantee of sustainable development”.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign