Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State has blasted the National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress, (APC), over his suspension from the party.
Okorocha who spoke through his Chief Press Secretary, Sam Onwuemeodo, alleged that Oshiomhole, was determined right from the outset to destroy the party in the South-East.
The Governor accused Oshiomole of having a hand in all the crisis in the South-East states, arising from what he described as the fraudulent manner he conducted the party primaries.
He recalled that in 2015, he joined the merger that gave birth to APC at the risk of his second tenure and was called all sorts of unprintable names, yet, he won the governorship election and delivered 24 out of the 27 members of the House of Assembly for APC, two House of Reps members and one Senator.
“In 2019, Oshiomhole felt that such a man should be treated with disdain. He handed over the governorship ticket of the party to Hope Uzodinma who has never resigned his membership of the PDP on the floor of the Senate like others did, giving all kinds of flimsy excuses.
“And if Oshiomhole had meant well for APC and Imo people in particular, would he have given the ticket of the party to a man facing five corruption charges and having travel ban slammed on him, to be the party’s candidate?
“In February 23, 2019, presidential and National Assembly election, Governor Okorocha won in ten, out of the twelve local governments in Orlu zone to emerge winner for Imo West senatorial district. He also delivered four House of Representatives candidates on the platforms of APC and AA respectively, with one Senate seat and two House of Representatives seats outstanding.
“And when the APC members across the nation are still celebrating the success of the party in the presidential and National Assembly elections, Oshiomhole in his wisdom or lack of it, felt that the best action in the circumstance is to suspend two governors who did well in the election, even when he played safe in 2015 and 2019 in Edo State without any known pressure.
“Again, Oshiomhole coming up with the purported expulsion this time was only acting out of the fear that God in his infinite mercy could give Governor Okorocha a role to play in the Senate, in the overall interest of the nation.
“Men like him hardly sleep with their two eyes closed. They always sleep with their eyes open because they have murdered sleep with their actions and inactions. And unfortunately for him, the purported expulsion can’t stand because the law has taken care of it even long before now,” Okorocha said.
- SAD….34-year-old Sodiq Adebisi dies during football training
- 150 Days in Office: CDS, Gen. CG Musa: A Pragmatic silent achiever
- Ibadan-based herbalist, Ojuwoni Atakoro, one other remanded in Ilorin prison
- Proper use of national budget, critical to economic dev —Akpabio
- EFCC, DSS, NCoS bosses To Face Reps C’ttee Over Failed Attempt To Rearrest Emefiele
- Senator Hussaini sympathises with Kaduna people over misdirected bombing
- Senator Natasha seeks NCDMB, NAFDAC partnership on alternative medicine
- Senate gives NPA 48hrs ultimatum to produce unaccounted $1.8bn
- KWASACA seeks stakeholders’ support to end HIV/AIDS by 2030
- Kwara govt collaborates with NDLEA to fight drug abuse