Deputy Senate President, Senator Ovie Omo-Agege has described the death of the Managing Director/Chief Executive of BGL Plc., Chief Albert Okumagba as not only a colossal loss to the capital market industry, but also to the Urhobos, Delta State and Nigeria as a whole.
Okumagba, a frontline economist and investment expert from Warri died on Thursday in Abuja at the age of 56.
In his condolence message signed by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Yomi Odunuga, the Deputy Senate President of the Senate sympathised with the family of the deceased even as he prayed for the repose of the soul of the popular stockbroker.
He said: “2020 has been a tragic year for the Urhobo Nation. Just when we are still grieving from the deaths of prominent Urhobo sons and daughters this year, it is truly depressing to learn yet again about the death of another prominent son of our land at this critical moment.
“It is my earnest prayer that we will never witness such a year like this where so many of our illustrious sons and daughters are lost to the cold hands of death.
“The late Okumagba was a popular economist, investment expert, stockbroker and capital market operator and member of the Chartered Institute of Stockbrokers and graduate of Lagos Business School (LBS).
“His selfless service, hard work and dedication to duty would remain evergreen in our hearts.
“His demise is a great loss for our people to whom he rendered unalloyed service devotedly and with a great sense of responsibility. It is my hope that the cherished memories of his life will help ease the pain of this loss.
“On behalf of myself and the people of Delta Central Senatorial District, I extend our profound empathy and heartfelt condolences to his immediate loved ones left behind, the Okumagba family of Warri South Local Government Area of Delta State and all who have been affected by the demise of this great man”.
- Two suspects arrested for possessing, selling counterfeit N1000 notes
- Nigerian Actress enters trouble for spraying, stepping on new naira notes
- TINUBU’S CAMPAIGN SHUTS DOWN EKITI, SAYS NOTHING CAN STOP APC’S VICTORY
- 2023: Muslim Media Watch Urges Security Agencies To Fine-Tune Strategies
- IGP orders arrest, prosecution of sellers of new naira note
- Buhari speaks on new naira notes redesign amidst hardships
- NPC boss warns against extortion from applicants
- Tribunal judgement: I have faith in judiciary – Gov. Adeleke
- PoS surcharge: Operators allege bank officials sell cash to them
- Oyo Governor, Makinde Suspends Campaign Activities Over Fuel, Naira Crisis