Olofa of Offa, Oba Mufutau Gbadamosi has said that the postponement of the Presidential and National Assembly elections has been justified with the good conduct of the election.
Gbadamosi told newsmen after casting his vote at PU 004 Essa A on Saturday that he was impressed at the conduct of the elections that has been without hitches.
He said the postponement had allowed the Independent National Electoral Committee (INEC) to perfect the smooth and credible conduct of the election.
”The postponement is justified because logistics like adequate security that is provided now that has made everywhere to be calm for those that intend to torment trouble to sit at home, if they had not postponed it, we won’t know that all these will happen.
”The deployment of army and some helicopters to be going round might not happen.
”They foresaw that there might be trouble if we had voted about a week ago and everything was put in place so as to have this hitch free election,” Gbadamosi said.
The traditional ruler further commended INEC on the policy of accredit and vote immediately.
”As far as the polling booth in front of my palacve is concerned, everything is moving on smoothly, especially the idea of accredit and vote.
”It has made a lot of things easy, it is only when you have reason to stay that you will stay.
”Within few minutes, you get everything done and return to your house. We thank God there is no news of any violence so far. I give kudos to INEC,” Gbadamosi said.
He also commended the directive of President Muhammadu Buhari on not treating ballot box snatchers with kid’s gloves. The President’s directive on ballot box snatchers is very effective.
”Security men are patrolling and the movement of the army, mobile police and other security agents is making everybody to be calm, because they knew what the president said.
”So, that alone has pit them in their right position.
”Those that intend to do and undo before are now calm and they have all run away from the town, so there is no problem,” Gbadamosi said.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign