The Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Abdulraheem Adeoti, and the entire people of the community have commended Governor Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq Abdulrazaq over the appointment of the new Registrar of the Kwara State Polytechnic, Mr. Kolawole Akande.
The monarch who described the appointment as well deserving also confirmed the the Registrar is a bonafide indigene of Omu-Aran, ROYAL NEWS reports.
He stated this when he paid a Thank You visit to the Kwara State Polytechnic, Ilorin, yesterday.
Oba Adeoti who was represented by a High Chief in the Olomu-In-Council, Alhaji Saad Owolewa, debunked the rumours making round that Mr. Akande is an indigene of Ogbomoso, Oyo State stressing that, “As a prince of the community, he is also entitled to the throne of Olomu.”
He however disclosed the appointment was an appreciation of the Governor to the founding father of the Polytechnic late Brig. Gen. David Lasisi Bamgboye (rtd) in 1972 even as he advised the Registrar to discharge his duties diligently without fear or favour.
Oba Adeoti therefore prayed for peaceful co-existence among Kwarans to enable the Governor implement all his promises to the citizens and urged the Rector of the Polytechnic, Engr. Abdul Jimoh Muhammed and the Registrar to embrace harmonious working synergy.
In his remark, Engr. Abdul Jimoh Muhammed thankws the monarch for the visit stressing that the visit was timely and will go a long to clarify the rumour about the Registrar’s citizenship.
- 12yrs of exit: Remembering Alh. S.A. Arowona everyday with prayers
- 52 new Pharmacists emerged at UNILORIN
- Reps reject Naira swap extension, threatens Emefiele’s arrest
- UNILORIN: Female varsity don performs first cancer-of-the-eye treatment
- Fuel scarcity bites harder in Dutse as litre hits N340
- New Notes: We will monitor banks’ vaults– CBN
- Rail transport system coming to Ebonyi soon– Umahi
- Art Legendary, Oladejo Akinlonu dies at 60
- Dogara takes over today as new NYSC DG
- IsDB, UNCTAD, unite over sustainable investment