The national leadership of Oro Descendant Union, (ODU) has urged the indigenes of the kingdom to be patient and resist all forms of provocations and being misguided by a publication capable of causing havoc in the land.
ODU National President, Alhaji Usman Balogun stated this at a press conference held in Ilorin on Wednesday stressing that Oro Kingdom which is composed of the nine generic communities of; Ijomu Oro, Okerimi Oro, Iludun Oro, Okeola Oro, Otun Oro, Iddo Oro, Affin Oro, Agbeola Oro and Irebode Oro respectively remain one indivisible entity. READ ALSO:Ilorin emirate youths congratulate Sulu-Gambari at 79
Balogun also announced the admission of two other communities who have joined the Oro-Kingdom; Sie Oro and Olorunsogo Oro, ROYAL NEWS has gathered.
He noted that the Supreme Court judgment never of Friday 18th January, 2019 never pronounced on the name Otun-Oro or Oro stressing no attempt should be made to divide the aged-long history of the people of the Kingdom. READ ALSO: My regrets as KWIRS chairman, Awodun reveals
However, reading the text of address, the ODU National President who was supported by High Chiefs across Oro Kingdom said: “Otun-Oro is one of the nine communities that made up Oro Kingdom but the apparent claim in the publication that eight other towns in Oro Kingdom are the District towns of a so-called Oro was also not touched by the Supreme Court judgment or any other judgment of any Court in Nigeria.”
Balogun also affirmed that the Oloro of Oro Kingdom, Oba Abdulrafiu Ajiboye Oyelaran I remains the paramount ruler of the kingdom adding that he is one of the numerous occupants of the stool of the Oloro of Oro Kingdom in modern time. READ ALSO: BREAKING…KWHA passes law restricting dissolution of elected LGs chairmen
“No amount of falsehood can change the truth of the history and custom of Oro Kingdom-the menace of a separatist few notwithstanding. The said publication in its design and timing, amounts to a deliberate act of provocation capable of triggering public disturbances among other criminal offences. We are sure relevant authorities will look into this”, he added.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL
- Minister, others reject Senate’s bill on proposed innovation agency
- Senate urges FG to protect shorelines at Bayelsa communities
- Senate suspends report on vacation of citizen’s watchlist by DSS
- Senate directs NLNG to pay host communities N18.4bn compensation
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7