The Olu Advisory Council of the Itsekiri kingdom in Delta state has announced August 21 as the date for the crowning of the Olu-designate, Prince Utieyinoritsetsola Emiko in Ode-Itsekiri, Warri South council area of the state.
Disclosing this to newsmen today May 27, the acting chairman of the Olu Advisory Council and Iyatsere of Warri kingdom, Chief Johnson Amatserunleghe, said the choice of Emiko as the new monarch came after a “rigorous process, which included a painstaking search within and amongst the descendants of the last three Olu’s, as required by tradition, custom and extant laws “as well as several consultation and eventual confirmation by the Ifa oracle”
Chief Amatserunleghe, who is also the chairman of the Warri Council of Chiefs, also announced that the final rites of passage for the late king, His Majesty, Ogiame Ikenwoli, will begin Friday, June 18 in the oil city and last for 14 days.
“The burial rites for our late king, His Majesty, Ogiame Ikenwoli, will begin on Friday, June 18 with a commendation service here in Warri, to be followed by traditional burial rites at Ode-Itsekiri, the next day 19th, 2021.
Burial activities will end on Friday July 2nd – a duration of 14 days. This phase will bring to a close the mourning period throughout Warri Kingdom.
It is my singular honour to declare to you on behalf of the Warri Council of kingmakers, that Omoba Tsola Emiko will be crowned and formally installed as the 21st Olu of Warri o Saturday, the 21st day of August 2021, by the grace of God”he said.
- UNILORIN VC seeks upgrade of molecular lab to public health lab
- Naira, Fuel, scarcity take shine off 44th Kaduna International Trade Fair
- I paid ₦1,000 for litre– Oshiomhole laments fuel scarcity, price
- Tems wins Grammy award
- Kwara South Group Drums Support For ADC Reps candidate, Gbenga Power
- Kwara Governor Mourns As Ex-Women Affairs Commissioner Dies In Auto-Crash
- Naira Redesign: How CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele deceived Buhari— Oshiomhole
- Emir of Ilorin salutes Gov. Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq at 63
- Entrepreneurs count losses over scarcity of new Naira notes
- Buhari has indeed subdued Boko Haram — Buratai