The Emir of Ilorin and Chairman Kwara State Traditional Council, Alhaji Ibrahim Gambari, on Thursday hosted the Oluwo of Iwo land, Oba Abdulrosheed Adewale Akanbi along with his Queen and other traditional chiefs on the kingdom.
He therefore gave the visiting monarch 9 facts. Read below:
- We are bonded together as Islam religion
- Ilorin is the gateway between the North and the South
- We adopt both northern and southern traditions in Ilorin and that is why our culture is unique
- Ilorin will continue to be front-runner in the propagation of Islam
- Iwo land has distinguished itself among all communities in the southwest especially in the last 30 years.
- As from today, Ilorin Emirate and Iwo land have become one and all the indigenes of the two communities should start working together.
- Insha-Allah, I will attend your 2nd coronation anniversary coming up on 7th October 2017
- The original Aare Onakakafo of Yoruba (shortened as Magaji Aare) lives here in Ilorin.
- Here in Ilorin, there is no more discrimination among the diverse ethnic groups. We are one United Ilorin Emirate.
Facebook Comments Box
- Flooding: Wurukum Traders appeal to Gov over N2bn properties loss
- Kwara Police gets first female spokesperson, DSP Ejire-Adeyemi Adetoun
- Nigeria committed to end terrorism, maintenance of peace –Gaidam
- Kwara Govt. Kicks Against Street Begging
- (PHOTOS) Medical Laboratory Council Inducts KWASU’s 46 Newly Qualified Graduates
- 12 feared dead in ghastly auto crash in Kwara
- Gov. AbdulRazaq’s media aide, Rafiu Ajakaye warns against sensational reporting
- COAS visits Benue, pledges more military interventions in crises ridden areas
- Engr. Yunusa Yahaya’s death, a monumental loss to humanity— Emir of Okuta
- Emir Sulu-Gambari condoles with Etsu Tsaragi over Yahaya’s death