By Arowona Abdulazeez
Barely 24 hours to the 2017 Eid-el-Kabir sallah festival, the Oluwo of Iwo, Osun State Nigeria, Oba Abdulrosheed Adewale Akanbi, has expressed his readiness to rehabilitate Iwo -Ibadan road for easy movement of travellers.
The first class monarch said the decision to embark on the project was conceived to prevent any mishap on the road owing to its dilapidated status.
The disclosure was contained in a press statement issued by his Press Secretary, Mr. Alli Ibraheem, a copy made available to ROYAL NEWS on Thursday.
He condemned the neglect of the route, saying it has adversely affected the bilateral commercial interaction between Osun and Oyo States.
He however appealed to interested individual to assist in whatever form towards making the road motorable and accident-free especially in the yuletide period.
ROYAL NEWS reliably gathered that the traditional ruler had in the recent time fixed Iwo -Osogbo road that has been abandoned for years as part of his contributions to community development.
- SAD….34-year-old Sodiq Adebisi dies during football training
- 150 Days in Office: CDS, Gen. CG Musa: A Pragmatic silent achiever
- Ibadan-based herbalist, Ojuwoni Atakoro, one other remanded in Ilorin prison
- Proper use of national budget, critical to economic dev —Akpabio
- EFCC, DSS, NCoS bosses To Face Reps C’ttee Over Failed Attempt To Rearrest Emefiele
- Senator Hussaini sympathises with Kaduna people over misdirected bombing
- Senator Natasha seeks NCDMB, NAFDAC partnership on alternative medicine
- Senate gives NPA 48hrs ultimatum to produce unaccounted $1.8bn
- KWASACA seeks stakeholders’ support to end HIV/AIDS by 2030
- Kwara govt collaborates with NDLEA to fight drug abuse