By Arowona Abdulazeez
Barely 24 hours to the 2017 Eid-el-Kabir sallah festival, the Oluwo of Iwo, Osun State Nigeria, Oba Abdulrosheed Adewale Akanbi, has expressed his readiness to rehabilitate Iwo -Ibadan road for easy movement of travellers.
The first class monarch said the decision to embark on the project was conceived to prevent any mishap on the road owing to its dilapidated status.
The disclosure was contained in a press statement issued by his Press Secretary, Mr. Alli Ibraheem, a copy made available to ROYAL NEWS on Thursday.
He condemned the neglect of the route, saying it has adversely affected the bilateral commercial interaction between Osun and Oyo States.
He however appealed to interested individual to assist in whatever form towards making the road motorable and accident-free especially in the yuletide period.
ROYAL NEWS reliably gathered that the traditional ruler had in the recent time fixed Iwo -Osogbo road that has been abandoned for years as part of his contributions to community development.
- Two suspects arrested for possessing, selling counterfeit N1000 notes
- Nigerian Actress enters trouble for spraying, stepping on new naira notes
- TINUBU’S CAMPAIGN SHUTS DOWN EKITI, SAYS NOTHING CAN STOP APC’S VICTORY
- 2023: Muslim Media Watch Urges Security Agencies To Fine-Tune Strategies
- IGP orders arrest, prosecution of sellers of new naira note
- Buhari speaks on new naira notes redesign amidst hardships
- NPC boss warns against extortion from applicants
- Tribunal judgement: I have faith in judiciary – Gov. Adeleke
- PoS surcharge: Operators allege bank officials sell cash to them
- Oyo Governor, Makinde Suspends Campaign Activities Over Fuel, Naira Crisis