The Oluwo of Iwoland, Oba (Dr.) Abdulrosheed Akanbi, has joined Nigerians to felicitate with the Arole Oduduwa, the Ooni of Ife, Alayeluwa, Babatunde Enitan Ogunwusi Ojaja II, on the occasion of his 44th birthday.
In his felicitation message issued by his Spokesperson, Mallam Alli Ibraheem, a copy made available to ROYAL NEWS on Wednesday, Oba Akanbi described the monarch as a chosen one and symbol of modern Yoruba nation committing his life to all inclusive charity to the advantage of human race.
The statement also lauded the Ooni for his administrative proficiency in conducting his institution which has reinvigorated the appointment of youthful monarchs in Yoruba nation.
It reads: “Yoruba nation is lucky to have a gentle, calm and silent achiever as a rallying point. Ooni is characterized with wisdom. His versed business experience is an advantage for his administrative proficiency. He is one of those who encouraged youthful monarchs to spring up in our dear cultural nation, more hope, confidence and performance are reposed in youth leading through the conduct of Ooni.
“As today marks yet , another milestone in your history, I join Yoruba race , home and diaspora to celebrate Ojaja II. We hope to see a better digital Yoruba nation in his lifetime. And I pledge my usual support in transforming our race to digital world in no distance time.
“I equally pray for long life, more wisdom, sound health and prosperity for Ooni. May the race celebrate his 90th years on throne and continue to be a pride of the institution he represents. Ooni, accept the assurances of my support and best wishes.”
He however called for unity among the traditional rulers describing them as the foundation for the Yoruba race.
- Respect culture of your host communities– Traditional ruler to corps members
- Court orders INEC to accept Labour Party’s candidates in 24 states
- Kwara Govt engages additional 200 sweepers to improve public hygiene
- El-Rufai insists Aso Rock cabal working against Tinubu, vows to unmask them
- Court dissolves Ganduje’s daughter 16-year-old marriage, orders return of dowry
- 522,000 PVCs uncollected in Edo – INEC
- INEC to conduct mock voter accreditation in Delta
- NSCDC warn officers against careless handling of firearms during elections
- Businesses crumble in Kaduna as traders lament scarcity of new, old naira notes
- Adeleke directs immediate payment of arrears of half salaries for civil servants