Deputy Senate President, Senator Ovie Omo-Agege has advised the re-elected Ondo State governor, Oluwarotimi Akeredolu to remain more focused on delivering the dividends of democracy to the people of the state.
Akeredolu was declared winner of the governorship election on Sunday by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, having polled the highest scores of 292,830 votes to beat his closest rival, Eyitayo Jegede of the the People’s Democratic Party, PDP, who got 195,791 votes, and the deputy governor, Agboola Ajayi, of the Zenith Labour Party, ZLP, who came a distant third with 69, 127 votes.
Chief Returning Officer of the election and Vice-Chancellor of the University of Ibadan, Prof. Idowu Olayinka, made the announcement at the INEC headquarters in Akure, the state capital.
But Omo-Agege said that Akeredolu’s re-election in last Saturday’s election was a resounding victory borne out of credible performance and citizens’ genuine confidence in the All Progressives Congress, APC.
The deputy senate president, while reacting to the governor’s victory in a statement by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Yomi Odunuga, expressed delight that Akeredolu won by an indisputable margin, even as he urged him to continue to make life bearable to the people of the state.
Omo-Agege reiterated his belief that the APC’s populist agenda still continues to resonate with a large majority of Nigerians across the Federation.
“I heartily congratulate our brother and governor of Ondo State, His Excellency, Arakunrin Akeredolu, SAN and the very jubilant citizens of Ondo state who assertively renewed their governor’s mandate through the Saturday, October 10, 2020 election.
“No doubt, the electoral triumph and wide margin of victory is attributed to the governor’s uncompromising commitment to APC’s manifesto.
“I urge Governor Akeredolu to do even more towards accelerating unity and people-focused development in Ondo state.
“It is clear that by his antecedents and experience, our newly re-elected governor is poised to justify the high expectations of the people by delivering further on democracy dividends for citizens in Ondo State,” he stated.
- Opinion: Peter Obi and the Obidient’s futile effort faking Sultan’s endorsement
- New Naira Notes: Police begins patrol of banks in Kwara
- Naira redesign: Customers urge CBN to sanction banks not paying N20,000 over the counter
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN laments inability to source products
- Gov. Akeredolu swears in new chief judge, 4 high court judges
- Two suspects arrested for possessing, selling counterfeit N1000 notes
- Nigerian Actress enters trouble for spraying, stepping on new naira notes
- TINUBU’S CAMPAIGN SHUTS DOWN EKITI, SAYS NOTHING CAN STOP APC’S VICTORY
- 2023: Muslim Media Watch Urges Security Agencies To Fine-Tune Strategies
- IGP orders arrest, prosecution of sellers of new naira note