Following the arrest of pastors of The Whole Believers Bible Church in Ondo State, shocking revealations have been made on why they kept 77 people underground in the church.
The police had on Friday night rescued 23 children and 54 adults kept in the basement of the church located in the Valentino area of Ondo Town.
ROYAL NEWS gathered that the Head pastor of the church, David Anifowose and others alleged to have abducted those found in the church were paraded by the police on Saturday.
Speaking in a confessional statement, Anifowose said those rescued were in the church to await the second coming of Jesus Christ.
According to him, “I was the one that received the instruction from God that the people of the church should camp in the church and wait for his second coming. And my members were waiting for the second coming of Jesus when the policemen invaded the church and arrested us.”
He, however, denied saying Jesus would come in September, adding that nobody knows exactly when that would happen.
On his part, assistant pastor of the church Peter Josiah said he did not tell children to run away from home as alleged, but only taught them according to the scriptures.
“I was called by God to rewrite the King James Version of the Bible because there is a lot that was wrong with the version of the Bible.
“I only teach them what the Bible says about the second coming of Jesus Christ. The prophesy that is fulfilling this time is showing that the rapture is close. I never even mention years to the church.
I never teach them to run from their parents, I only teach them the gospel. I only tell them to obey their parents in the lord,” he said.
- 2023 election about competence, not religion– Tinubu Group
- 2023: Osinbajo group endorses Tinubu, receives APC letter of recognition
- Kwara Govt converts Ilorin General Hospital to teaching hospital
- I won’t forget Nigerians if elected, Tinubu vows
- Spectrum Auction will democratize broadband for Nigerians — Danbatta
- Olam, Kwara Govt treat communities on tropical diseases
- Presidential rally: Tinubu’s supporters besiege Teslim Balogun Stadium, Lagos
- Court fines PRP’s presidential candidate, Kola Abiola, for late documents filing
- Two FRSC officers crushed to death by truck in Akwa Ibom
- World cup: Host country Qatar eliminated