Following the arrest of pastors of The Whole Believers Bible Church in Ondo State, shocking revealations have been made on why they kept 77 people underground in the church.
The police had on Friday night rescued 23 children and 54 adults kept in the basement of the church located in the Valentino area of Ondo Town.
ROYAL NEWS gathered that the Head pastor of the church, David Anifowose and others alleged to have abducted those found in the church were paraded by the police on Saturday.
Speaking in a confessional statement, Anifowose said those rescued were in the church to await the second coming of Jesus Christ.
According to him, “I was the one that received the instruction from God that the people of the church should camp in the church and wait for his second coming. And my members were waiting for the second coming of Jesus when the policemen invaded the church and arrested us.”
He, however, denied saying Jesus would come in September, adding that nobody knows exactly when that would happen.
On his part, assistant pastor of the church Peter Josiah said he did not tell children to run away from home as alleged, but only taught them according to the scriptures.
“I was called by God to rewrite the King James Version of the Bible because there is a lot that was wrong with the version of the Bible.
“I only teach them what the Bible says about the second coming of Jesus Christ. The prophesy that is fulfilling this time is showing that the rapture is close. I never even mention years to the church.
I never teach them to run from their parents, I only teach them the gospel. I only tell them to obey their parents in the lord,” he said.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Aisha Wakil a.ka. ‘Mama Boko Haram, 2 others sentenced to 7yrs jailterm
- Cameroon seeks AIB-N support on aircraft accident investigation
- Professionalism, training motivation, support are catalyst for transformed education system– Stakeholders
- Emir Sulu-Gambari prays for Doyen of Geology, Prof. Oyawoye at 95
- Again, Buhari urges ASUU to call off strike
- Kwara Govt secondary school without classrooms
- NBA lauds Bala Mohammed for signing judiciary autonomy bill into law
- APC Chieftain lauds Faleke’s appointment as Secretary of APC Presidential Campaign
- Transform Raw Materials To Finished and Revenue Generating Product – FG
- Afritel trains journalists on good governance, accountability reporting