Senate President, Dr. Ahmad Lawan has said that the re-election of the Ondo State governor, Rotimi Akeredolu, for a second term at Saturday’s election is well-deserved and heartwarming.
Lawan, in a statement issued by his Special Adviser in Media, Ola Awoniyi, also congratulated the governor and the All Progressives Congress, APC, on the victory of its candidate at the election.
He noted that the election was a referendum on the stewardship of Governor Akeredolu in the last four years and that the Governor has passed the examination in flying colours.
The Senate President commended the people of Ondo State for their peaceful conduct at the poll, which has demonstrated their confidence in their country’s democratic process.
He also thanked the Ondo people for their consistency in identifying with progressive platforms now ably represented by the APC.
“By the outcome of this election, the people of Ondo State have spoken in a loud and unambiguous voice that the APC offers the best platform for the pursuit of their development goals and political aspirations.
“The electoral victory in Ondo State is a re-affirmation of the people’s faith in the APC government and the capacity of Governor Akeredolu to continue the transformation of the state by consolidating on his achievements and opening new frontiers of development in the Sunshine State,” Lawan stated.
He enjoined the governor not to deviate from the path that has taken him to a fresh mandate from his people. He also urges him to continue to implement APC’s progressive programmes for the benefit of all Ondo people.
The Senate President, however, called on other contestants in the election to join hands with the winner in working for the common good of the people.
- Ukraine President Zelensky appoints Oby Ezekwesili as ambassador
- Breaking: Buhari wades into Naira new notes scarcity
- Fuel scarcity worsens, bites harder in FCT
- No new CP in Lagos state, says Police command
- Osun Tribunal: Sanwo-Olu congratulates Oyetola
- New Naira: Tight security at banks against customers’ attack
- Emir of Bauchi’s brother found dead
- PHOTO NEWS: FG empowers women in Kebbi
- Gov. Adeleke reacts to tribunal’s judgement, vows to appeal
- BREAKING….Ademola Adeleke sacked as Osun Governor