The factional governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party in Ondo State, Mr. Eyitayo Jegede (SAN), has warned the residents of the state to shun loaves of bread allegedly being distributed by some agents of the candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Mr. Rotimi Akeredolu (SAN).
He alleged that the bread contained some chemical substances that could destroy the health of its consumers.
Jegede, who spoke in Akure through the Director of the Eyitayo Jegede Campaign Organisation, Mr. Kayode Fasua, disclosed that the “poisoned bread” had allegedly landed many of its consumers in hospitals.
According to him, microbiologists who had put the poisonous bread to test found that it contained potassium bromide which could result in cancer or cause instant stomach rumbling and untimely death.
He said, “Though there is nothing bad in distributing bread more so that under the APC national administration, life has become unbearable for the common people, our major concern now is that the loaves of bread being distributed are killer loaves; they are contaminated.
“Microbiologists have moved in and found that the loaves of bread are poisonous. It was found that they contain potassium bromide, which the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control had long alerted Nigerians to avoid.
“Apart from the fact that this APC bread can cause cancer, it has also resulted in many cases of serious stomach rumbling, which may have by now resulted in some deaths.”
But the Director of Media and Publicity of Akeredolu Campaign Organisation, Mr. Steve Otaloro, has denied the allegation.
He said the APC candidate was not aware of any bread distribution.
He said, “We are not aware of any bread production let alone distribution. I am saying this with all honesty. It is the work of some fifth columnists to discredit and distract Akeredolu from focusing on the November 26 election. But they have failed.”
- Kwara Proposes N239bn Revised Budget To Assembly
- Gamji Association Tasks Youths To Emulate Virtues Of Founding Fathers
- Fagbemi dissociates FG from N50bn plea bargain with Emefiele
- Nigeria @63: Peaceful co-existence is germane for nat’l growth— Emir Sulu-Gambari
- Nigeria @63: Tinubu approves new minimum wage for FG workers
- (PHOTOS) Three Internet Fraudsters Bag Jail Terms In Benin
- Opinion: Celebrating a quintessential ex-Defence Minister, Gen. BS Magashi @ 74
- Tinubu for nationwide address on Nigeria @ 63
- Nigeria At 63: We Are On Track For Economic Recovery, Says Obasa
- Nigeria Undoubtedly On Path To Greatness Despite Challenges –Lawan