Peoples Democratic Party, (PDP) candidate, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, is leading in Ondo State after winning 12 out of the 23 local government areas released by the Independent National Electoral Commission as of the time of filing this report.
The INEC Returning Officer in the state, Prof. Kayode Soremekun, on Sunday said the PDP candidate won in nine out of 15 local government areas of the state while Buhari won in six.
According to INEC, the local government areas won by the PDP included Idanre, Ondo East, Ose, Ifedore , Akure North and Ile Oluji /Oke Igbo, Irele and Okitipupa Local Government Areas.
However, the All Progressives Congress candidate won in Akoko South-East, Akoko South-West, Akoko North-East, Akoko North-West, Owo and Odigbo Local Government Areas.
Similarly, the senator representing the Ondo North Senatorial District, Ajayi Boroffice, was declared winner of the senatorial election in the district by INEC.
The two-term senator of the APC won the election by polling 53,199, defeating the candidates of the PDP and the Action Alliance, who scored, 34, 490 and 43,100 votes respectively.
INEC declared the Ondo South Senatorial District poll inconclusive. The PDP won the Ondo Central senatorial seat.
- Respect culture of your host communities– Traditional ruler to corps members
- Court orders INEC to accept Labour Party’s candidates in 24 states
- Kwara Govt engages additional 200 sweepers to improve public hygiene
- El-Rufai insists Aso Rock cabal working against Tinubu, vows to unmask them
- Court dissolves Ganduje’s daughter 16-year-old marriage, orders return of dowry
- 522,000 PVCs uncollected in Edo – INEC
- INEC to conduct mock voter accreditation in Delta
- NSCDC warn officers against careless handling of firearms during elections
- Businesses crumble in Kaduna as traders lament scarcity of new, old naira notes
- Adeleke directs immediate payment of arrears of half salaries for civil servants