Alliance for Democracy, (AD) in the ongoing Ondo state governorship election, has pulled off a surprise win over his counterparts from other political parties.
Reports sent in by NAIJ.com’s journalists on ground in Ondo show that the AD gubernatorial candidate defeated other candidates in Ilaje area of the state with impressive results coming out of polling booths in the region.
The results are as follows:
Mahin 11, Unit 1, Ilaje: AD 29, APC 9, LP 1, PDP 1
Mahin 11, unit 2, Ilaje: AD 26, APC 14, LP 1, PDP 5
Mahin 11, unit 5, Ilaje: AD 96, APC 7, LP 1, PDP 9
Mahin 11, unit 7, Ilaje: AD 59, APC 15, LP 1, PDP 18
Mahin 11, unit 18, Ilaje: AD 60, APC 34, LP 1, PDP 8
Mahin 11, unit 19, Ilaje: AD 98, APC 34, LP 1, PDP 8,
Mahin 6, Ilaje: AD 60, APC 24, LP 1, PDP 21
Mahin 7, Ilaje: AD 64, APC 46, LP 1, PDP 31
Mahin 8, Ilaje: AD 44, APC, 39, LP 1, PDP 10
Meanwhile, the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the polls, Eyitayo Jegede and the outgoing governor, Olusegun Mimiko, have both recorded big wins in their respective wards.
While Mimiko won his Ward 07, Unit 20 Ondo west LGA thus: AD 15, APC 40, PDP 176; Jegede managed to pull off an impressive win in his area as well chalking up 184 votes while APC had 77 and AD managed 32 votes.
- FG approves mother tongue as compulsory language in primary schools
- I’ll continue to prioritise education, says Gov Sule
- Police cautions governors against frustrating opposition parties’ campaign
- We’ll recover semester, session lost to strike – ASUU
- Yahoo boy arrested for beating undergraduate girlfriend to death in Ogun
- Governor Ikpeazu signs female inheritance bill into law
- Kwara Gov. reshuffles cabinet, swears-in new commissioners, others
- SON issues MANCAP certificates to 102 companies in Kano
- KAM Holding Gets SON Applause, Bags 6 MANCAP Certificates (PHOTOS)
- ASUU: Lectures receive full salaries for November, without arrears