The Lagos state Marine Police in a joint effort with Rapid Response Squad this morning rescued 19 passengers of a capsized boat under the Third Mainland Bridge.
The Boat, which was conveying 21 passengers capsized at about 10:00 a.m. today.
According to an eyewitness, the OC Marine Police immediately deployed 7 boats to the scene.
RRS Helicopters got the coordinates and mobilized to the scene, leading to the quick rescue of 19 passengers and recovery of the corpse of a woman passenger whose husband fortunately was rescued in the incident.
The capsized boat has equally been recovered and taken to Marine Police yard while corpse of the dead passenger have been deposited in Mortuary.
Police officers on Third Mainland and Oworo Police Division also joined in the rescue operation.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder