The Lagos state Marine Police in a joint effort with Rapid Response Squad this morning rescued 19 passengers of a capsized boat under the Third Mainland Bridge.
The Boat, which was conveying 21 passengers capsized at about 10:00 a.m. today.
According to an eyewitness, the OC Marine Police immediately deployed 7 boats to the scene.
RRS Helicopters got the coordinates and mobilized to the scene, leading to the quick rescue of 19 passengers and recovery of the corpse of a woman passenger whose husband fortunately was rescued in the incident.
The capsized boat has equally been recovered and taken to Marine Police yard while corpse of the dead passenger have been deposited in Mortuary.
Police officers on Third Mainland and Oworo Police Division also joined in the rescue operation.
- Nigeria attains 100% broadband penetration— Buhari
- UPDATED: Jigawa Govt annouces funeral as Emir of Dutse dies at 78
- Buhari inaugurates 5,700-hectare Irrigation Scheme, pledges more relief for flood victims
- 2023 polls will be the best, Senate President assures EU observers, Kenya’s Raila Odinga
- Ondo PoS operators increase charges over scarce new Naira notes
- Nigeria’s public debt stock increases to N44.06trn in Q3 2022 – NBS
- CBN directs banks to pay customers with ₦100, ₦50, ₦20, over-the-counter
- BREAKING…. Foremost Nigerian Emir, Muhammadu Sunusi II is dead
- Emefiele reveals what will happen to old naira notes after Feb. 10 deadline
- Peace Corps sets for Buhari’s assent to Bill, begins members’ training