One dead, three injured as 2 vehicles collide in Ikoyi
One person died and three others sustained different degrees of injuries on Sunday following an accident involving two vehicles in front of Golden Gate, Ikoyi.
Mr Nosa Okunbor, Head, Public Affairs, Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA) confirmed this while speaking to ROYAL NEWS in Lagos.
Okunbor said the accident was as a result of over-speeding by the drivers, saying, “ the vehicles ran into each other at the intersection of the road”
He further said that the crash involved an unregistered Ford Ranger SUV, and a Nissan SUV with registration number KD 499 GE.
“They had a head-on collision at the traffic stop junction of the road, our investigation shows that both vehicles were on top speed.
“One person, a man, died while three others sustained various degrees of injuries,” the LASEMA official said.
Okunbor said that two of the injured persons were attended to by the LASEMA’s paramedics before they were taken to the hospital.
He said that the affected vehicles had been moved to a police station. (
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Kauran Bauchi, Bala Mohammed gets second term re-election
- Poor awareness of Tuberculosis Disease causing havoc in Nigeria – NTBLCP
- Funke Akindele deletes PDP’s political posts on Instagram page
- Popular music legand, Jaigbade Alao is dead
- We’ll review governorship, state assembly election results — INEC
- Adamawa guber: Thugs protest apparent loss of APC’s Binani
- Breaking…. Kano govt imposes 24hrs curfew as NNPP wins guber poll
- Nigeria not practising democracy but ‘Agberocracy’– Apostle Suleman
- Election victory: Kwara CMO Coordinator, Idris Haroon felicitates with Gov. AbdulRazaq
- Dikko Radda of APC declared winner Katsina guber election