One person died and three others sustained different degrees of injuries on Sunday following an accident involving two vehicles in front of Golden Gate, Ikoyi.
Mr Nosa Okunbor, Head, Public Affairs, Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA) confirmed this while speaking to ROYAL NEWS in Lagos.
Okunbor said the accident was as a result of over-speeding by the drivers, saying, “ the vehicles ran into each other at the intersection of the road”
He further said that the crash involved an unregistered Ford Ranger SUV, and a Nissan SUV with registration number KD 499 GE.
“They had a head-on collision at the traffic stop junction of the road, our investigation shows that both vehicles were on top speed.
“One person, a man, died while three others sustained various degrees of injuries,” the LASEMA official said.
Okunbor said that two of the injured persons were attended to by the LASEMA’s paramedics before they were taken to the hospital.
He said that the affected vehicles had been moved to a police station. (
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Kogi Assembly seals Dangote Cement factory
- Kwara NUJ holds Ilorin NBA in friendly match to mark 2022 Press week
- Google announces first Cloud Region in Africa
- Kaduna CP warns against extra judicial killings
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL
- Minister, others reject Senate’s bill on proposed innovation agency