One person was killed while two others sustained injuries in a multiple accident involving seven vehicles at Ologuneru Area of Ibadan on Tuesday.
FRSC Sector Commander in Oyo State, Mr Joshua Adekanye, confirmed the accident to the News Agency of Nigeria on Wednesday in Ibadan and said 10 persons were involved.
He said that vehicles involved were two trucks, two Toyota Camry cars, a KIA car and two motorcycles.
He attributed the cause of the accident to speed violation and loss of control on the part of one of the trucks.
Adekanye said the police took the dead to a mortuary, while the injured were taken to Ibadan Central Hospital by the FRSC.
- Court dissolves Ganduje’s daughter 16-year-old marriage, orders return of dowry
- 522,000 PVCs uncollected in Edo – INEC
- INEC to conduct mock voter accreditation in Delta
- NSCDC warn officers against careless handling of firearms during elections
- Businesses crumble in Kaduna as traders lament scarcity of new, old naira notes
- Adeleke directs immediate payment of arrears of half salaries for civil servants
- INEC speaks on PVC safety as gunmen burn Anambra office
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN assures petrol will be available in two weeks
- Why we are fighting corruption — Lai Mohammed
- EFCC restates commitments to tackling electoral fraud