One of the parents of the pupils of the Salihu Tanko Islamiyya school where over 150 pupils were abducted last Sunday, May 30, has died.
This was disclosed by the principal of the school, Abubakar Hassan, during an interview with AriseTV today June 2. Hassan said the bandits have contacted him and asked for N300 million but that the ransom has been reduced to 110 million.
Abubakar said when the bandits contacted him, he appealed to them to allow him to speak with one of the three teachers who were abducted alongside the students, some of whom were about four years old, and the teacher told him that the bandits have started beating them and have refused to give them food.
”What pains me most is that I pleaded with the bandits to allow me talk to one of the teachers. When I spoke to her, she was complaining to me that they have started beating them and that there was no food, water. She said some of the kids cannot move their legs.
We are in a bad situation here.
One of the kid’s parents is now dead because of the incident. She has only one child and when she heard what happened, she fainted. They took her to the hospital where she died yesterday evening” he said.
Abubakar who sounded disappointed said the state government is yet to contact him since the abduction happened.
”The government agencies have not intervened. The SSG spoke to us through his wife. The wife called me and she gave the phone to him and we were able to talk. During the conversation, he promised that they are going to intervene and up till now as I am talking to you, none of them came to sympathise with us”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections