The suspended Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Walter Onnoghen, was absent from the Tuesday’s proceedings of the Code of Conduct Tribunal, where he has been charged with six counts of non-declaration of assets.
Explaining his absence to the three-man Bench of the CCT, his lawyer, Chief Adegboyega Awomolo (SAN), said the suspended CJN developed a toothache which needed to be treated urgently.
To justify the defendant’s absence, Awomolo produced a medical report obtained by Onnoghen from the hospital where he was said to be receiving treatment.
The prosecuting counsel, Mr. Aliyu Umar (SAN), acknowledged that he had been given a photocopy of the medical report.
He noted that he would have expressed “an observation” about the medical report but for the comment of the doctor who signed it, stating that Justice Onnoghen had a high blood pressure of 410/121.
- PHOTO NEWS: Reception in honour A.B. Sulu-Gambari SAN in Abuja
- Adeleke suspends Osun election commission chair, members
- A.B. Sulu-Gambari SAN: Celebrating A Prince In The Silk (PHOTOS)
- HND holders to be employed as assistant lecturers in polytechnics – NBTE
- Naira notes redesign’ll control inflation in Nigeria — Don
- Adeleke directs heads of LGAs to take over from sacked council chairmen
- My son will play for Super Eagles – Oliseh
- Man jailed one year for possessing 101 PVCs in Sokoto
- PVCs, ballot boxes, destroyed after an attack on Ebonyi INEC office
- Gov. Adeleke appoints Chief of Staff, SSG, CPS