BENUE State Governor, Samuel Ortom, has expressed satisfaction with the speed and quality of work done on roads and other projects currently being undertaken by his administration in Makurdi, the State capital.
The Governor spoke on Saturday when he took time to inspect ongoing road and other projects, which his administration has undertaken to improve the living conditions of the people.
Some of the road projects being executed by Privent Construction Limited and inspected include the .5km John Kwaghgba street, the 1.3 km Low Cost, Naka road to Gbangban road, which is at ninety per cent completion.
Others are the 2.5km Igbo Agbenyi to Kua Community behind the Modern Market in Agboughul with the drainages currently being constructed and the 2.1km Kanga Akanya to Lucy Aluor Street, which terminates at Otukpo road.
The Governor also inspected the 6.5 Billion naira Benue State Geographic Information Service, BENGIS, whose work has reached advanced stage.
Addressing newsmen after the inspection, Governor Samuel Ortom stated that the Low Cost to Gbangban road would be completed in two weeks while the Igbo Agbenyi to Kua Community road beside the Makurdi Modern Market road would also be completed before his administration winds down next year.
The Governor commended the contractors for not disappointing the government by carrying out quality jobs, stressing that the feedback, which he has received from the residents indicate that they were happy with the pace and quality of the project.
He maintained that his priority was to rehabilitate and reconstruct more roads within Makurdi and other major towns in the state as resources would permit.
On the Benue State Geographic Information Service, BENGIS, Governor Ortom said Government was keen to complete the project to enhance land administration and issuance of Certificates of Occupancy as well as generate more revenue for the Government.
The Governor who praised the quality and pace of work by the contractor assured that Government would ensure a steady release of funds so that the project would be completed before the expiration of his tenure.
Work is already ongoing on the 2km St Dominic School road and the 1.9km Jemtor Anyiin street to Adom Gande extension to Uhoo Street with a spur at John Ujoh Street.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Emir Sulu-Gambari set to install Balogun Gambari as most senior counsellor in Ilorin Emirate
- Divorce: JJC Skillz divorces Nollywood Star, Funke Akindele
- Gov Zulum directs promotion of deserving civil servants
- Kano APC Senator, Shekarau finally defects to NNPP
- Senate Confirms Buhari 7 Ministerial Norminees
- Fraud: Senate summons NIA boss over N/Delta activists’ blacklist by DSS
- Organ harvesting: Senate delegation to visit Ekweremadu, wife in London
- Ado-Ekiti Yahoo-Boy Jailed Two Years for Scam, Loses N13m Car to FG
- Money-politics affecting Nigeria’s political processes— Ex-Minister
- Kwara monarch introduces new currency for business activities in own community