Osun: Buhari’s directive does not exonerate Sen. Adeleke – Police
The Nigeria Police on Thursday said Senator Ademola Adeleke, the governorship candidate of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Osun State, has not been exonerated despite President Muhammadu Buhari’s directive not to invite him.
Police on Wednesday invited Adeleke to appear at the force headquarters over an alleged malpractice while sitting for the 2017 National Examination Council (NECO) test.
But shortly after the invitation, Buhari ordered the IGP to suspend the invitation until after the election.
However, speaking on NTA, on Thursday, Moshood said a suspect could be invited “at any time” as the directive from Buhari does not change anything.
“There is no time limit to arresting any suspect that has been accused or there is an allegation of an offence.
Police action terminates when a matter has been taken to court. We have filed charges in court and the matter is off our hands.
“But if there is any directive that we should not invite him, that directive does not exonerate him from [allegation/] court process and the people should know that the rule of law prevails above any other consideration.
Moshood also assured electorates of a peaceful election come Saturday in Osun state.
“As at yesterday, the Deputy Inspector-General of police in the state has gone around the state on what we call ‘the show of force exercise’ with other security agencies.
“The DIG operations is in charge of the security architecture in the state for the election, they have gone round, they have met with people and equally talked to them.
“We are enjoying very large cooperation from them, we are hopeful that come Saturday, everything will be peaceful to secure an environment for a credible election,” Moshood added.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Davido announces album release, returns to social media
- President Buhari commissions new office of National Security Adviser (Photos)
- Protesters call for Interim Govt, INEC chairman arrest
- I will never be a member of APC– Fayose
- PHOTO NEWS : Gov. AbdulRazaq visits Iyiola Akogun
- Saudi Arabia releases date on when Ramadan fasting will start
- Gov. AbdulRazaq’s re-election victory is deserving—Nupehood boss
- Peter Obi rigged 2023 election, not Tinubu – Asari Dokubo
- Time for politicking is over — Tinubu
- Breaking….CBN Gov., Godwin Emefiele Raises Interest Rate To 18%