Osun State government has reiterated commitment towards having zero tolerance for open defecation not only at the rural communities but across the State through series of sensitisations and enlightenment’s crusades.
The state’s Programme Manager, Rural Water Enviromental Sanitation Agency (RUWESA), Alhaji Posi Adiatu, stated this on Thursday while declaring open a one day workshop for members of the State Task Group on Sanitation (STGS) held at Timsed and Resort, Ijebu-Jesa in Osun State.
The Programme Manager who was represented by the Director, Sanitation and Hygiene in the RUWESA, Mr. Moyinoluwa Segun, said the workshop was aimed at equipping participants with needed skills and knowledge on community led total sanitation.
Adiatu, said that the seminar would further update the knowledge of STGS members on the new approach to ODF scarification.
He maintained that the workshop would also assist the STGS members in adopting a realistic approach towards putting an end to open defecation and work assiduously towards sustainable environment in Osun State at large.
The Osun RUWESA further used the medium to commend the state governor, Ogbeni Rauf Adesoji Aregbesola for his concern towards total eradication of open defecation in the state and called on other states governors in the country to emulate him.
“Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola has been contributing in no measure to the crusade of having zero tolerance for open defecation and in order to avert epidemic diseases in our various communities in the state”, Adiatu added.
He added further that efforts have also commenced towards having toilets in all the public places in the state.
While speaking at the event, the UNICEF Wash Consultant for the State, the Odo-Otin and Ayedaade, WASH consultants, Mr Olowole Modekai, Mrs Rebecca Akinduro and Mrs. Omopariola Abidemi, respectively said the training would further educate the STGS members on the need to sensitize people on the benefits accrued to dangers inherent in open defecation.
ROYAL NEWS reports that some of the participants at the workshop includes, Head of Water and Sanitation in Ayedaade local government Area of the state, Mr. Olaoye Ayobami, Mr.Wasiu Ajadosu of the Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria, Mrs. Odelola Ibidun A of RUWESA and Mr. Adepoju Olusola of the State Ministry of Information and Strategy among others.
- Gbenga Power rejoices with Nigerians on 63rd Independence celebrations
- CJN to inaugurate 23 Federal High Court Judges Oct 4.
- US Court Orders Release of Tinubu’s Academic Records in 48 hrs
- Kwara Proposes N239bn Revised Budget To Assembly
- Gamji Association Tasks Youths To Emulate Virtues Of Founding Fathers
- Fagbemi dissociates FG from N50bn plea bargain with Emefiele
- Nigeria @63: Peaceful co-existence is germane for nat’l growth— Emir Sulu-Gambari
- Nigeria @63: Tinubu approves new minimum wage for FG workers
- (PHOTOS) Three Internet Fraudsters Bag Jail Terms In Benin
- Opinion: Celebrating a quintessential ex-Defence Minister, Gen. BS Magashi @ 74