The All Progressives Congress, APC, has declared that the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP and its candidate, Ademola Adeleke, would still lose the rerun of the governorship election in Osun even if they get the support of the Social Democratic Party, SDP candidate, Iyiola Omisore.
APC said the opposition party was battling to get Omisore’s support because it was clear to them that Adeleke cannot win on the popular vote.
In a statement on Tuesday by the Director of Publicity, Research and Strategy of the APC in Osun State, Kunle Oyatomi, the party said Adeleke was the least educated and qualified candidate.
The statement reads, “They know that the PDP candidate, Senator Ademola Adeleke, can’t win on the popular votes.
“First, he is the least educated and qualified candidate Osun has ever raised in its history of the political contest.
“The fraud that brought him to this level (manipulation of card readers and purchase of PVC of ill-informed voters) that we are now discussing him as a potential governor, marks us as essentially an illiterate and backward democracy.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption
- Atala Oil Field: NUPRC under fire in Senate over wrongful re-allocation
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)