Osun rerun: Adeleke can’t win election even with Omisore’s support – APC
The All Progressives Congress, APC, has declared that the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP and its candidate, Ademola Adeleke, would still lose the rerun of the governorship election in Osun even if they get the support of the Social Democratic Party, SDP candidate, Iyiola Omisore.
APC said the opposition party was battling to get Omisore’s support because it was clear to them that Adeleke cannot win on the popular vote.
In a statement on Tuesday by the Director of Publicity, Research and Strategy of the APC in Osun State, Kunle Oyatomi, the party said Adeleke was the least educated and qualified candidate.
The statement reads, “They know that the PDP candidate, Senator Ademola Adeleke, can’t win on the popular votes.
“First, he is the least educated and qualified candidate Osun has ever raised in its history of the political contest.
“The fraud that brought him to this level (manipulation of card readers and purchase of PVC of ill-informed voters) that we are now discussing him as a potential governor, marks us as essentially an illiterate and backward democracy.”
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- What Buhari told Nigerians in his 38–paragraph final address
- Yoruba nation promoters take over FG Radio station, declares self-govt
- President Buhari confers citizenship on 385 foreigners
- I have made Nigeria better– Buhari insists
- Bakare utters suprising statements as Tinubu takes over power tomorrow
- Tuition increment: 2 UNIABUJA students expelled
- Defence Minister hand-over to Perm Sec., Ibrahim Kana
- Lagos to ban parking on roads
- South-east eternally grateful for Second Niger Bridge completion– Soludo
- Buhari, Shettima, Sultan, others attend Inauguration in Abuja