Governor Bello Matawalle has disclosed that there are 30,000 armed bandits in Zamfara and five other northern states.
Speaking through the newly appointed State Commissioner for information Alhaji Ibrahim Magaji Dosara at a news briefing in Kaduna on Friday April 2, Matawalle said there are over 100 bandits camps in Zamfara, Sokoto, Kebbi, Katsina, Kaduna and Niger, and each camp has no fewer than 300 members.
The Governor who noted that the Federal Government does not have adequate troops to fight the bandits across the region, revealed that there are less than 6000 troops operating across North-West states.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections