Over 5,000 families across Kwara South Senatorial District benefited from the food palliative provided by the Gbenga Power Foundation to eradicate hunger during and after yuletide season.
At the event, about 7,000 bags of rice and cash was donated to beneficiaries, ROYAL NEWS reports.
The Chairman of the foundation, Honourable Gbenga Power, while speaking during the donation commended the administration of Governor Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq for transforming the state in a very short span of time and for its selfless service to the masses.
It also supported ophans of Hope Motherless Babies Home International Foundation with food items and cash to about 100 motherless babies.
However, Gbenga Power encouraged other Non-Governmental Organizations and philanthropists to emulate him by reaching out to Kwarans and the less privileged.
He said: “I expect other NGOs to take it as a point of duty to cater for our people. Though the government of Kwara State is trying its best to empower its people, but ideally the task should be a shared responsibility with individuals who are well endowed in the community.
“Philanthropists and well-meaning Nigerians should look into the needs of the less privileged to see roles they can play to empower them.”
Speaking in Agunji, Honourable Gbenga Power also expressed the foundation’s decision to embark on motorised borehole, as to provide portable water for the community.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections