The Federal Government has been advised to restructure the security architecture of the country in order to successfully tackle the security challenges facing the nation.
This is contained in communiqué issued by the traditional rulers of Owu settlements shortly after their maiden meeting held yesterday.
ROYAL NEWS reports that Owu people are found throughout the Yoruba Kingdom such as communities in Kwara, Ogun, and Osun states respectively with the Olowu of Kuta, in Osun State, Oba Hammed Adekunle Oyelude Makama, Tegbosun III as the Chairman of the Council of Owu Obas.
Findings revealed that Owu towns and the indigenes still consider themselves as brothers and they have a good sense of fraternity and kinship among them despite their diatance locations .
The monarchs also commended the federal government for its Economic Recovery Growth Plan through the diversification of the nation’s economy with emphasis on Agriculture.
According to the communique, “We strongly request that political actors at all levels should play by the rules , shun the “do or die” approach and embrace peace.
“We are not unmindful of happenings in the country. We hereby sue for peace because it is only a nation where peace and harmony reigns that can guarantee the preservations of its royal stools and domains .”
The Olowu of Owu, (Abeokuta) Olowu of Iji, Olowu Ijebu, Olowu of Owu-Isin, (Kwara) Olowu Ikosi, Olowu Gbawojo,Olowu Telemu, Gen. Ekundayo Opaleye (rtd) were among those who attended the meeting.
- Photo News: ROYAL NEWS 10th anniversary, public lecture, book presentation
- Court grants ex-AGF, Adoke permission to celebrate Xmas with family in Dubai
- NJC recommends compulsory retirement of Osun High Court Judge, orders probe into 51 petitions against others
- UNESCO Inscribes Sango Festival in World Heritage List
- TESCOM: 7, 241 Oyo Teachers, Non-Teaching Staff Write 2022 Promotion Exams
- FG promotes 30 directorate cadre, others in Police Affairs Ministry
- 2024 budget: Army mulls unmanned aerial vehicle command
- Alleged Abduction: EFCC, DSS Risk Contempt Proceedings In Court Over Emefiele
- Senate frowns as NCoS feeds dogs better than inmates
- NAPTIP laments tracking machine as woman sells 120 children