Connect with us

Uncategorized

Oyo govt claim ignorance of demolition of Ayefele’s music house

Published

on

Oyo govt claim ignorance of demolition of Ayefele's music house
The Oyo State Government on Monday denied demolishing the music house
of gospel musician, Yinka Ayefele, in Ibadan.

The state government, through its counsel, Mr Yomi Alliyu, made the denial when he appeared before Justice Iyabo Yerima of the State High Court, Ring Road, Ibadan, on Monday.

Alliyu appeared for the first and second defendants, Gov. Abiola
Ajimobi and Mr Bola Abimbola (State Attorney-General), in a case
instituted by Ayefele against the defendants.

The counsel said his clients were shocked to read about the reported
demolition on Sunday morning.

According to him, the state government is planning to set up a panel
of enquiry to find out those responsible for the demolition.

”My clients are men of honour that respect rule of law and constituted
authority and will have no reason to demolish the said property,” he
told the court.

Alliyu, who had earlier denied that his clients were served with court
processes, quickly reversed himself when the judge showed him evidence
of actual service on the first and second respondents.

The defense counsel, however, urged the court to adjourn the case
pending the time the claimant would be able to file and serve his
clients with notice of the ex-parte motion since the court was on
vacation.

He said that filing of motion on notice and letter of urgency alone by
the claimant was not enough.

But the claimant’s counsel, Mr Olayinka Bolanle, had informed the
court that the respondents had gone ahead to demolish the structure in
spite of a court’s restraining order

“Even after the defendants had become aware of this proceedings, it is
sad and unbelievable my Lord that the defendants in the wee hours of
Sunday, Aug 19, went to the property in dispute and demolished it,” he
told the court.

The claimant’s counsel urged the court to reiterate its earlier order
restraining the defendants from further demolition of the rest of the
structure pending the determination of the suit.

Justice Yerima adjourned the case until Sept. 12 for hearing of
applications and urged parties to file necessary processes before the
adjourned date.

Facebook Comments Box
Copyright 2020 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.

Contact: info@royalnews.com.ng

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Trending