A pastor, Kolawole Samson has been sentenced to to death by hanging for killing a boy at a village near Okeigbo area of the state.
The Ondo state high court sitting in Akure presided over by Justice Ademola Bola found the pastor guilty of inflicting injury on the deceased’s head with a cutlass at a fish pond owned by convict March 2016.
The late Olaniyi was said to have gone to hunt for frogs alongside three others at a fish pond owned by Pastor Kolawole when the incident occurred.
The deceased later died to at a hospital he was admitted.
Though the pastor pleaded not guilty to the offense, the court ruled that the evidence presented during the trial showed that he was guilty of killing.
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules
- Osun: Adeleke’s emergence as Gov divine– Traditional worshippers
- Aisha Buhari now wears dress meant for 3 people– Solomon Dalung
- A’Ibom YPP Guber Candidate Jailed For 42Yrs
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG
- Angry youths set ablaze Iree Oba’s Palace in Osun
- Oyetola left N76bn debt, says Osun Govt
- Gov Ademola frowns at delay in Nov salary, issues ultimatum