The Ogun State Police Command has arrested the founder of El-Bethel Parish of the Celestial Church of Christ, Itaaka, Abeokuta, Dr Michael Adeniran, for allegedly impregnating a 15-year- old girl, Mary.
The victim, a Senior Secondary School 2 pupil, attends a secondary school in Abeokuta, the state capital.
The suspect, according to the state Police Public Relations Officer, Abimbola Oyeyemi, was arrested on Saturday, November 5, following a complaint from the mother of the girl who was the suspect’s lover and a member of the church.
Oyeyemi, an Assistant Superintendent of Police said, “Trouble started when the complainant noticed that her daughter was pregnant and she mounted pressure on her to disclose who was responsible for the pregnancy.
“The mother, who could not believe what she heard, reported to the police. The Divisional Police Officer, Adigbe division, Onatufeh Omoh, detailed detectives to arrest the randy pastor.”
He added that the victim told the police that the suspect allegedly lured her into his car on the day she marked her birthday and forcefully deflowered her.
The victim allegedly said the suspect had been having sex with her since then.
Oyeyemi said the state Commissioner of Police, Ahmed Iliyasu, had ordered the immediate transfer of the case to the Anti- Human Trafficking and Child Labour Unit of the State Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department, Eleweran, for further investigation.
He said, “The CP also reiterated his earlier warning to parents to always keep an eye on their children in order to prevent them from becoming victims in the hands of people with devilish intentions.”
Oyeyemi said the suspect would be charged to court at the end of investigations.
- FG approves mother tongue as compulsory language in primary schools
- I’ll continue to prioritise education, says Gov Sule
- Police cautions governors against frustrating opposition parties’ campaign
- We’ll recover semester, session lost to strike – ASUU
- Yahoo boy arrested for beating undergraduate girlfriend to death in Ogun
- Governor Ikpeazu signs female inheritance bill into law
- Kwara Gov. reshuffles cabinet, swears-in new commissioners, others
- SON issues MANCAP certificates to 102 companies in Kano
- KAM Holding Gets SON Applause, Bags 6 MANCAP Certificates (PHOTOS)
- ASUU: Lectures receive full salaries for November, without arrears