Republican Rep. Paul Ryan won re-election on Tuesday as Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives when the lawmakers convened for the 115th session of the Congress.
ROYAL NEWS gathered that only one Republican member defected and voted for Rep. Daniel Webster.
The Speaker was first elected on Oct. 29, 2015. Ryan was re-elected by the House Republican caucus in November 2016 to serve a second term as Speaker of the House.
On the Democratic side, Nancy Pelosi was re-elected Minority Leader with only four of her colleagues voting for someone else
for the top Democratic position.
Ryan is expected to address the 115th Congress.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Kogi Assembly seals Dangote Cement factory
- Kwara NUJ holds Ilorin NBA in friendly match to mark 2022 Press week
- Google announces first Cloud Region in Africa
- Kaduna CP warns against extra judicial killings
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL
- Minister, others reject Senate’s bill on proposed innovation agency