The South-South Zonal Auditor of the Peoples Democratic Party, Mr Patrick Egbede, has resigned from the party.
Egbede, who is from Cross River State, announced his resignation from the party in a letter dated October 25, 2018, and addressed to the zonal National Vice Chairman of the party.
In the three-paragraph letter, he said, “I wish to inform you of my decision to formally resign from the Peoples Democratic Party.
“I had joined the party and remained with the party since inception in 1998.”
In the letter, Egbede, attributed his decision to some unnamed personal reasons.
But in an interview with our correspondent, he attributed his decision in part to the ambition of the immediate past State Security Adviser to Governor Ben Ayade, Mr. Jude Ngaji, to go to the National Assembly.
- 2020 Hajj: Saudi retains 95, 000 slots for Nigeria
- Saudi compensates 2015 crane crash victims
- BREAKING…. Anthony Joshua beats Andy Ruiz Jr in Saudi Arabia
- SAD… Reinhard Bonnke dies at 79
- Bureau of statistics releases new corruption rate ratio in Nigeria
- BREAKING…. Court sentences two ‘Yahoo Yahoo’ boys to 6months jailterm in Ilorin
- Everton fires Manager, Marco Silva
- Nigeria will soon be self-sufficient in rice production— Minister
- Minister launches NAVSA, to create 6million jobs in 10yrs
- Committee of CMDs raises alarm over impending problems