The South-South Zonal Auditor of the Peoples Democratic Party, Mr Patrick Egbede, has resigned from the party.
Egbede, who is from Cross River State, announced his resignation from the party in a letter dated October 25, 2018, and addressed to the zonal National Vice Chairman of the party.
In the three-paragraph letter, he said, “I wish to inform you of my decision to formally resign from the Peoples Democratic Party.
“I had joined the party and remained with the party since inception in 1998.”
In the letter, Egbede, attributed his decision to some unnamed personal reasons.
But in an interview with our correspondent, he attributed his decision in part to the ambition of the immediate past State Security Adviser to Governor Ben Ayade, Mr. Jude Ngaji, to go to the National Assembly.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- ONDO: 77 victims found underground were awaiting second coming of Jesus Christ— Pastors
- MURIC TO NECO : PLEASE SHIFT EXAM FROM SALAH DAY
- GOC urges troops not to be distracted by operational hardships
- Customs Onne Port command generates N115.26bn in H1
- Gov. Abdulrazaq approves job recruitment in Kwara
- UNICEF Commends the Rescue of Over 50 Abducted Children in Ondo
- Buhari inaugurates 55km road in Yobe
- 11 die in incinerated vehicles on Lagos-Ibadan Expressway
- Ekiti residents urge governor-elect to give priority to security
- EMIR OF ILORIN COMMISERATES WITH OKE-ODE COMMUNITY, KWARA NUJ