The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) caucus in the House of Representatives has condoled with the family of a former Deputy President of the Senate, Ibrahim Mantu, who died on Tuesday.
In a statement signed by the caucus’s leader, Rep. Kingsley Chinda (PDP-Rivers), the lawmakers described Mantu as a patriot.
According to them, Mantu’s role in the entrenchment of democratic rule Nigeria remained indelible.
“The caucus is saddened as Mantu’s death took everyone unaware, especially at a time that the country will be in dire need of his wealth of experience as a political leader and hardline democrat.
“He remained a true and committed PDP leader till he breath his last. He was a politician par excellence.
“He left his footprints at the Senate having served creditably well. As Deputy Senate President, Mantu was a bridge builder, cutting across class, tribe and religion, a mobiliser of men and women. He helped stabilised democracy in its nascent days,” they said.
The legislators said that Mantu’s role might have been misunderstood by his traducers saying that he played his role as a lawmaker and a politician with dignity.
They said that the roles he played earned him the respect and the admiration of his colleagues and party stalwarts, including caucus members.
The caucus described Mantu as a loyal and committed PDP stalwart, recalling the sterling services he rendered to Plateau Central Senatorial District and Nigeria as a two-term senator between 1999 and 2007
The causes commiserated with the government and entire people of Plateau over Mantu’s demise and prayed to the Almighty to grant him eternal rest.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- FG declares Monday Oct. 10 as public holiday
- 2023: Be careful of politicians’ craftiness– Don warns journalists
- Kogi Assembly seals Dangote Cement factory
- Kwara NUJ holds Ilorin NBA in friendly match to mark 2022 Press week
- Google announces first Cloud Region in Africa
- Kaduna CP warns against extra judicial killings
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion