Mr Emmanuel Ogidi, Chairman, South- South,the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has advised Sen. Ali Modu Sheriff and other aggrieved members of PDP not to do anything contrary to the party’s constitution.
Ogidi in a statement signed and made available Journalists on Wednesday in Abuja said that the
party constitution, as amended in 2012, remained a sacred document.
He also called on all party members he said were playing negative roles in the party’s leadership crisis to have a rethink, follow due process and join hands to rebuild the party.
“I implore them to come back. They should follow due process but not in an obnoxious manner.
“As party faithful, we act accordingly in line with the party’s constitution even as we revere what the Scripture says in (Psalm 62:12).
The Psalm says, “Also unto thee, O Lord, belongeth mercy: for thou renderest to every man according to his work.”
Ogidi urged all members of the party in Delta to retrace their steps, rescind their decisions and return to the party like the Biblical Prodigal son who realised his wrongs.
He expressed the determination of the party to accept them back to PDP.
The PDP chieftain, hwoever, commended PDP wards, local governments and states executives in the South-South Zone for displaying charismatic leadership.
Ogidi urged the party executives to initiate peace where there were problems within the party and remain intact and steadfast for the tasks ahead.
He expressed optimism that ‘’the leadership trial confronting the party, shall soon become a thing of the past.’’
“I equally enjoin you to cooperate and support our respective governors.
“Our Governors can only do better when we throw
our unflinching support behind them patiently. Empowerment is a serial thing; it will definitely get to everyone.’’
Ogidi also said that the five PDP Governors in the South-South had embarked on major infrastructure and human capital projects in their respective states.
He said that some were completed while others were ongoing.
“Absolutely, the dividends of democracy are being felt even in the midst of recession.”
Ogidi commended the PDP governors in the South-South for embarking on projects, their commitment and support to the party at various levels.
- Respect culture of your host communities– Traditional ruler to corps members
- Court orders INEC to accept Labour Party’s candidates in 24 states
- Kwara Govt engages additional 200 sweepers to improve public hygiene
- El-Rufai insists Aso Rock cabal working against Tinubu, vows to unmask them
- Court dissolves Ganduje’s daughter 16-year-old marriage, orders return of dowry
- 522,000 PVCs uncollected in Edo – INEC
- INEC to conduct mock voter accreditation in Delta
- NSCDC warn officers against careless handling of firearms during elections
- Businesses crumble in Kaduna as traders lament scarcity of new, old naira notes
- Adeleke directs immediate payment of arrears of half salaries for civil servants