The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Kwara State Chapter has expresses its sympathy and condolence to Olofa of Offa, Oba Mufutau Gbadamosi over the armed robbery attack that led to the loss of many lives in the town.
The party, in a press release by its State Publicity Secretary, Chief Rex Olawoye in Ilorin on Saturday also commiserated with the Offa –in- Council and the people of Offa over the sad incident.
“The sad event which occurred on Thursday 6th of April, 2018 in brood day light was one of the armed robbery disasters in recent times.
“It was reflective of a very heartless approach to life and has claimed unimaginable loss of lives of innocent citizens. This kind of attack is becoming traditional in Offa,” Olawoye said.
PDP therefore called on the State Government to relate with all security agencies to curb this menace and reoccurrence of this dastardly act.
“The culprits of this callous act must be tracked down, apprehended and brought to book.
“We share in grief that now enveloped the entire Offa community and Nigerian Police, Kwara State Command.
“We pray to almighty God to repose the spirit of the dead and grant them eternal rest while we also wish the families of the deceased the fortitudes to bear the irreparable loss,” the party added.
Alhaji Hakeem Lawal, PDP chieftain in the state also commiserated with the Olofa of Offa, the people of Offa and the State Government over the sad event.
Lawal, in a press statement made available to ROYAL NEWS on Saturday described the armed robbery attack as senseless and evil.
“The attack was painful and regrettable as there was no justification for killing of innocent lives.
“This kind of attack is becoming serial occurrence in Offa; I urge Kwara State Government and all security agencies in the state to find a lasting means of curbing the reoccurrence of this dastardly act,” Lawal added.
Alhaji Lawal also sympathised with the Nigeria Police, Kwara state command and the families of the police officers that died in the attack.
He prayed to almighty God to repose the spirit of the dead and grant them eternal rest, while he also wished the families of the deceased the fortitudes to bear the loss.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment