The party in a statement by its National Publicity Secretary, Mr Kola Ologbondiyan in Abuja on Wednesday, said it was alarmed over the sad news.
Ologbondiyan described the killing as barbaric as well as ominous, given the recent attempts on the life of Ortom by terrorists and bandits, marauding various parts of Benue.
He described the slain Dega as a very patriotic Nigerian and dutiful aide, who gave his all in the service of his fatherland and his home state, Benue.
Ologbondiyan urged the police to immediately go into action and follow the leads to apprehend and bring the assailants and their backers to justice.
Ologbondiyan also called for more decisive steps to end activities of terrorists, bandits and vandals in the country.
“The PDP commiserates with Ortom, the Dega family as well as the government and people of Benue.”
Ologbondiyan also prayed God to give all the fortitude to bear the sad episode in the national life.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections