The party in a statement by its National Publicity Secretary, Mr Kola Ologbondiyan in Abuja on Wednesday, said it was alarmed over the sad news.
Ologbondiyan described the killing as barbaric as well as ominous, given the recent attempts on the life of Ortom by terrorists and bandits, marauding various parts of Benue.
He described the slain Dega as a very patriotic Nigerian and dutiful aide, who gave his all in the service of his fatherland and his home state, Benue.
Ologbondiyan urged the police to immediately go into action and follow the leads to apprehend and bring the assailants and their backers to justice.
Ologbondiyan also called for more decisive steps to end activities of terrorists, bandits and vandals in the country.
“The PDP commiserates with Ortom, the Dega family as well as the government and people of Benue.”
Ologbondiyan also prayed God to give all the fortitude to bear the sad episode in the national life.
- Lawan, Gbajabiamila sued over failure to cut N228.1bn NASS budget
- Kaduna State Internal Revenue Service insists on e-payment in hospitals
- Buhari invested more in vulnerable women, youth– Minister
- Buhari’s appointees sabotaging his administration– APC Stakeholders
- INEC won’t disappoint Nigerians in 2023 General Election– REC
- NYSC DG warns corps members against unauthorised trips
- 2023 election: Tinubu’s presidential bid is a divine project – Kekemeke
- 2023 Election: Clergy advises Nigerians to protect their votes
- Civil Society Organisations in Borno empathise with Nigerians over cash crunch
- Opinion: Peter Obi and the Obidient’s futile effort faking Sultan’s endorsement