Barely 48 hours to the Governorship and state Assembly elections, 9 out of 10 wards Councilors in patigi Local Government Area of Kwara state defected to the All Progressives Congress (APC).
The Councilor were elected on Nov, 2017 under the plat form of the All Progressives Congress (APC) but they dumped the party following the defection of the senate president, Dr. Bukola Saraki who is the party leader in the state then.
The defected councilors who hinged their reasons to, amongst other things, low level of development at the Local Government Area, non provision of basic amenities, non delivery of dividends of democracy to the masses.
Leading other councilors on the defection to APC, Hon. Husseini Mohammed Tsanban, who is also the council’s Speaker said, “low level of development, lack of basic amenities to the electorates/masse. Etc as their major reasons.
He continued, “the state Government attitude to the Local Government Areas in terms of fund, poor performance and quality leadership”.
They added that PDP as apolitical party has lost focus, derail from the objectives of the founding fathers, therefore becomes a sinking boat on the middle of the sea looking for these to rescue all the occupants, but found none.
Receiving the councilors for taking a bold step, assuring them of equal level playing ground, and charged them to work well for the success of the party on the Saturday’s elections.
Among the councilors who defected are. Hon. Mohammed Chenu, Lade I, Hon. Mohammed Ibrahim, Patigi I, Hon. Idris Abubakar, Patigi II, and Hon. Usman Dangana, Patigi IV.
Others are Hon. Idris Sha’aba, Lade II,
Hon. Mahmudu Liman, Lade III, Hon. Mohammed Ibrahim Yahaya, Kpada II, Hon. Ndeji Haruna, Kpada III, and Hon. Husseini Mohammed Tsanban, Kpada I.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 62 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate